A selection of junction box-mounted load controllers designed to provide intelligent lighting control as part of a complete Zūm™ commercial room lighting system.
Zūm™ J-Box Load Controllers (ZUMMESH-JBOX) afford sophisticated lighting control with simple installation. Multiple models are offered to support the choice of 16 Amp switching, 5 Amp or 16 Amp 0-10V dimming, and 20 Amp plug load control. Each model mounts directly to a 4-inch square junction box and pairs wirelessly with one or more Zūm wireless keypads to control a single lighting load with up to three scene presets.
Zūm Mesh wireless technology affords easy “pair and play” integration as part of a complete Zūm commercial room lighting system. Energy-saving options are available to enable daylighting, occupancy or vacancy sensing, HVAC system integration, and centralized monitoring and management.
- Occupancy sensor, vacancy sensor, and daylight sensor connectivity drive the potential for significant energy savings. Lights will turn off automatically when the room is vacant and dim gradually according the amount of natural daylight in the room. This reduces energy usage while maintaining a consistent light level for a comfortable workspace.
Pair and Play
- Designed with flexibility and ease-of-use in mind, Zūm load controllers are pre-programmed with “pair and play” functionality. An installer can simply install the load controller in a room along with Zūm keypads, occupancy or vacancy sensors, and/or a daylight sensor, then set up the room with a few quick button taps and instantly control the lights in the room – no programming required! Room setup can also be accomplished using the Zūm app if the room is equipped with a Zūm Network Bridge.
Optional Zūm Network Bridge
- Zūm delivers cutting-edge wireless lighting control and heightened energy efficiency for the intelligent enterprise. Simply snap a Zūm Network Bridge (ZUMMESH-NETBRIDGE) onto any Zūm J-Box Load Controller in the room to enable centralized monitoring and management of the entire room via a Zūm Floor Hub and Zūm Net Wireless Gateway. The Zūm Network Bridge also enables enhanced room setup using the Zūm app. For more information, please refer to the ZUMMESH-NETBRIDGE spec sheet.
Optional Contact Closure Output
- Easy integration with an HVAC system or other relay-controlled equipment is enabled by snapping a Zūm Contact Closure Output (ZUMMESH-CCO) onto the Zūm J-Box Load Controller. For more information, refer to the ZUMMESH-CCO spec sheet.
Zūm Mesh Wireless Technology
- Ultra-reliable Zūm Mesh wireless technology provides steadfast peer-to-peer RF communications within a commercial space without the need for physical control wiring, hubs, or gateways. Employing a Wi-Fi® friendly 2.4 GHz peer-to-peer mesh network topology, nearly every Zūm Mesh device acts as a “routing node,” relaying wireless commands directly between Zūm Mesh devices to ensure that every command reaches its intended destination without disruption.
- Zūm Mesh is smart! Every Zūm Mesh device knows its purpose and just the right messages to communicate to other Zūm Mesh devices within the space. Each Zūm Mesh device that is added to the space effectively increases the range and stability of the peer-to-peer mesh network by providing multiple redundant signal paths. Each Zūm Mesh device auto-negotiates its RF channel to provide robust communication and is protected through AES 128-bit encryption. The wireless range between any two Zūm Mesh devices is typically 50 feet (15 meters).
- Please refer to the Zūm Lighting Control System Setup Guide (Doc # 7957) for additional information.
- Zūm™ wireless junction box-mounted lighting load controllers
- Pair and play wireless integration with Zūm keypads, occupancy sensors, vacancy sensors, and daylight sensors
- Zūm Mesh peer-to-peer RF communications for easy integration into a complete standalone or networked Zūm wireless lighting control solution
- Dimming control of 0-10 Volt dimmable LED or fluorescent loads
- Dimmers rated 5 or 16 Amps at 100-277 Volts AC
- Zero cross switch control of 16 Amp, 100-277 Volt high inrush lighting loads
- Zero cross switch control of 20 Amp, 100-240 Volt plug loads
- Accommodation for a Zūm Network Bridge or Zūm Contact Closure Output device
- Flying lead wiring connections
- Knockout mount to a standard 4-inch square junction box
- UL® 2043 listed for installation in an environmental air handling space
- Meets UL 916 standard for energy management equipment
- Meets CEC Title 24 energy efficiency standards
- Meets ASHRAE® 90.1 energy efficiency standards
- ICC® International Energy Conservation Code® compliant