Provides a remote wall plate or floor box input connection for HDMI® and VGA sources as part of a complete DigitalMedia™ System. Connects to the DM 8G+® input of a DM® Switcher or Receiver via DM 8G® Cable or CAT5e. Includes a USB HID device port, allowing a mouse/keyboard to be connected for controlling a computer or other host device at a different location. Mounts in a double-gang electrical box.
The DM-TX-200-C-2G provides an interface for computers and high-definition AV sources as part of a complete Crestron® DigitalMedia™ system. It is ideal for wall, lectern, and floor box applications in a boardroom, classroom, auditorium, or residence. It functions as a DM 8G+® transmitter and switcher, providing HDMI®, VGA, and analog audio inputs along with a USB HID host port. In addition to DM 8G+, it is also compatible with HDBaseT®, allowing it to be connected directly to the input of an HDBaseT certified display device. It connects to the head end or display location using a single CAT type twisted pair cable. Standard gang-box mounting (2-3/4" deep) allows for installation adjacent to an Ethernet jack (Crestron MP-WP183 or equivalent) for a total connectivity solution.
- As the leader in HDMI and control system technologies, Crestron developed DigitalMedia (DM®) to deliver the first complete HD AV distribution system to take HDMI to a higher level. DigitalMedia allows virtually any mix of HDMI and other AV sources to be distributed throughout a home, office, school, or virtually any other facility. The latest generation of DM is called DigitalMedia 8G™ (DM 8G®). Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DM 8G provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, Ethernet, and control signals over a choice of twisted pair or fiber optic cable.
- DM 8G over twisted pair copper wire is called DigitalMedia 8G+ (DM 8G+). DM 8G+ handles uncompressed Full HD 1080p video signals with support for HDCP, as well as computer signals up to WUXGA. All signals are transported over a single CAT type cable, supporting distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using Crestron DM 8G Cable or CAT5e.
- Crestron DigitalMedia 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. Via its DM 8G+ output, the DM-TX-200-C-2G can be connected directly to an HDBaseT compliant device without requiring a DM receiver.
Multimedia Computer/AV Interface
The DM-TX-200-C-2G provides simple switching between two inputs. The inputs can be configured to switch automatically or be selected through a Crestron control system. Inputs include:
- HDMI — Provides a digital multimedia input for mobile devices, computers, and AV sources with resolutions up to HD 1080p60 and WUXGA. Also handles DVI and Dual-Mode DisplayPort signals using an appropriate adapter or interface cable.
- PC — This VGA type input handles analog RGB signals up to WUXGA 1920x1200 pixels, as well as analog video up to 1080p60. A 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo audio input is included to accommodate the analog audio signal from an unbalanced line-level source or headphone output.
Note: Analog audio breakaway capability enables the analog audio input to be used with either video input.
A single CAT type cable connects the DM-TX-200-C-2G to a DM switcher or receiver, or to an HDBaseT device, transporting video, audio, control, networking, and power signals all through one simple RJ45 connection.[2,5,6] Used with a single DM 8G+ Receiver/Room Controller and optional Crestron control system, the DM-TX-200-C-2G affords a simple solution for extending a computer or AV signal to a single display. As part of a larger system using a DM-MD series switcher, multiple DM-TX-200-C-2Gs may be installed to enable the distribution of several sources at different locations to feed multiple displays throughout any room or larger facility.
USB HID Signal Extension
- The DM-TX-200-C-2G functions as a keyboard/mouse extender, allowing a USB HID-compliant keyboard and/or mouse to be connected at the wall plate and used to control a computer or other component located at the central equipment rack or some other location.
CEC Embedded Device Control
- DigitalMedia provides an alternative to conventional IR and RS-232 device control by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Through its connection to the control system, the DM-TX-200-C-2G provides a gateway for controlling the connected source device right through the HDMI connection, potentially eliminating the need for any dedicated control wires or IR emitters.
Simple Wall Box Mounting
- The DM-TX-200-C-2G is designed to be installed using a 2-3/4" deep 2-gang electrical box or plaster ring (not included). It also fits a 2-gang opening in a typical 6" deep floor box. The DM cable connects to the rear of the transmitter via a shielded RJ45 DM port. The unit can be powered using the wall mount power pack (included), or PoDM (Power over DigitalMedia) for a true one-wire solution.[5,6] An array of indicators is provided for easy setup and troubleshooting.
- Please refer to the DigitalMedia Resources Webpage at http://www.crestron.com/dmresources/ for additional design tools and reference documents.
- DigitalMedia 8G+® transmitter and multimedia interface
- Built-in 2x1 AV switcher with auto-switching and analog audio-breakaway
- QuickSwitch HD™ technology achieves fast, reliable switching
- Connects to a DM® switcher or receiver over a single CAT type twisted pair cable
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e
- HDBaseT® Certified — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Provides HDMI® and RGB/component video inputs
- Also supports DVI and Dual-Mode DisplayPort sources
- Handles video resolutions up to Full HD 1080p
- Handles computer resolutions up to WUXGA
- Handles Dolby Digital®, DTS®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP compliant
- Includes a mini-TRS stereo analog audio input
- Detects and reports detailed video and audio input information
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- Enables device control via CEC
- Enables USB HID signal extension for a local keyboard/mouse
- Allows quick, easy setup and diagnostics
- 2-gang wall box mount design (2-3/4" deep)
- Also fits in a typical 6” deep floor box
- Available in black or white finish
- Powered via the DM connection or local power pack (included)