Provides a simple and cost-effective high-definition AV presentation solution for classrooms and meeting spaces. It is composed of a transmitter, which installs at a table or podium, and a receiver, which installs at the display. Three auto-switching inputs are provided on the transmitter, and one additional input is provided on the receiver. The transmitter and receiver connect together over a single CATx cable. Built-in scaling ensures a reliable, high-quality image. Fully-automatic operation and web browser setup eliminate the need for a control panel, control system, or programming.
The Crestron® HD-MD-400-C-E delivers an incredibly simple and cost-effective multimedia presentation solution for classrooms and meeting spaces. It allows a laptop or mobile device (HDMI® or VGA) to be connected to one of three inputs at a table or podium, and routes the signal to a display or projector up to 230 feet (70 meters) away. An additional HDMI source can be connected at the display device location (or through an optional wall plate near the display). Fully automatic operation detects when a source is connected or disconnected at any input and turns the display on and off, alleviating the need for any control panels or remotes. Built-in scaling ensures an optimal video image for SD and HD video signals, as well as for high-res computer signals.
Composed of a compact transmitter and receiver pair, the HD-MD-400-C-E installs in minutes and requires no special programming. The transmitter mounts beneath the table or inside the podium, while the receiver mounts behind the display or above the projector. The only connection required between the transmitter and receiver is a single CAT type twisted pair cable. A LAN port on the receiver allows for connection to an Ethernet network to enable easy setup and configuration via a web browser. Advanced functionality is enabled through integration with a Crestron control system.
Crestron Connect It™
- A Crestron Connect It Cable Caddy (TT-100 series) offers a convenient tabletop connectivity solution that works seamlessly with the HD-MD-400-C-E. The cable caddy gets its power and control from the HD-MD-400-C-E transmitter through a simple USB connection.
Multimedia Computer/AV Auto-Switcher
- The HD-MD-400-C-E handles high-definition video and computer sources with resolutions up to Full HD 1080p60, 1080i30, or WUXGA 1920x1200. Two HDMI inputs, one VGA input, and one analog audio input are provided on the transmitter to support the connection of computers, mobile devices, and other media sources. An additional HDMI input is provided on the receiver, which may be wired to an optional wall plate or used to connect a Crestron AirMedia® wireless presentation gateway or other multimedia source installed permanently at the display device.
- The inputs on both components can be configured to switch automatically or be controlled through a Crestron control system. Auto-detection on each input enables plug-and-play simplicity, supporting HDMI, DVI, or Dual-Mode DisplayPort signals via any HDMI input, and VGA, RGB, or component video signals via the VGA input. The analog audio input is switched in tandem with the VGA input. The auto-switching behavior can be configured using “priority routing” mode, allowing the installer to define which inputs take precedence over other inputs when connecting multiple sources.
- A single HDMI output is provided on the receiver to feed the display device. This output can support either HDMI or DVI signal types. A stereo analog audio output is also included to feed an optional sound bar or amplifier.
HD Signal Extender
- A single CAT type cable (sold separately) links the HD-MD-400-C-E transmitter and receiver together. This cable can be up to 230 feet (70 meters) in length, offering an ideal signal extender solution for virtually any room with a single table or podium and one display device.
- One might assume that any modern display device should support whatever sources you connect to it. In fact, many displays just can’t handle all the different formats and resolutions you’re likely to encounter day-to-day in a dynamic presentation environment. With its built-in professional scaler, the HD-MD-400-C-E enables support for a complete range of digital and analog signals, ensuring that every source displays reliably and beautifully. Automatic calibration is achieved using the display’s EDID — just connect the receiver to the display and it intelligently converts and enhances the signal for optimal appearance on the display screen.
EDID Format Management
- To ensure that every source gets displayed at its optimal resolution and format, the HD-MD-400-C-E provides comprehensive management of the EDID information that passes between the display, scaler, and source devices. Most applications require no changes to the default settings. For applications requiring custom configuration, the HD-MD-400-C-E allows for easy assessment of each device’s format and resolution capabilities, with the ability to configure signals appropriately for the most desirable and predictable behavior.
QuickSwitch HD™ Technology
- Handling digital media signals means handling HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), the encryption scheme used by content providers to protect their DVDs, Blu-ray™ discs, and broadcast signals against unauthorized copying. Viewing HDCP encrypted content requires a source device to “authenticate” each display and signal processor in the system and issue it a “key” before delivering an output signal. Crestron QuickSwitch HD manages these keys to ensure fast, reliable switching and immunity to “blackouts.”
- Its analog audio output allows the HD-MD-400-C-E to extract the stereo audio signal from digital sources to feed a sound bar, amplified speakers, or a separate sound system.
Embedded Device Control
- To deliver fully automatic operation of the complete system, the HD-MD-400-C-E can turn the display device on and off via its HDMI connection using CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) commands, or via the built-in IR or RS-232 port. For advanced applications using a Crestron control system, all of the HD-MD-400-C-E’s HDMI, IR, and RS-232 ports can be utilized to attain fully-programmable control of the display, sources, and other devices in the room.
Enterprise Management Option
- The optional .AV Framework™ Hub (CEN-AVF-HUB) can be added to enable centralized monitoring using the Crestron Fusion® Enterprise Management Service. A single “AVF Hub” can support up to 15 HD-MD-400-C-Es connected over an Ethernet LAN. Refer to the CEN-AVF-HUB spec sheet for additional information.
Control System Integration
- Fully programmable functionality can be enabled through integration with a Crestron control system.
- The transmitter and receiver components are each designed to be mounted to a flat surface or placed on a shelf. Each component is compact enough to fit discreetly inside a presentation lectern, beneath a table, on a wall behind a flat-panel display, or on the ceiling above a projector. They can even be attached to a single rack rail in the back of an equipment cabinet. Both components are powered together using a single wall mount power pack (included), which may be connected either at the receiver or at the transmitter location. Power is carried between the transmitter and receiver over the signal extension link connection.
- Simplified setup, configuration, and basic operation is provided through a web browser user interface. Essential controls and status indicators are also provided on each unit for easy testing and troubleshooting without a computer during installation.
- 3x1+1 high-definition digital AV switcher, scaler, and extender
- Fully-automatic operation — no control system, control panel, or programming required!
- Easy web browser setup
- Integrates with Crestron Fusion® via the CEN-AVF-HUB
- Supports integration with a Crestron® control system for fully programmable functionality
- Supports one Crestron Connect It™ Cable Caddy
- Includes a compact transmitter and receiver
- Transmitter includes two HDMI® inputs, one VGA input, and one analog audio input
- Receiver includes one HDMI input, one HDMI output, and one analog audio output
- A single CATx cable links the transmitter to the receiver
- Supports cable lengths up to 230 feet (70 meters) between the transmitter and receiver
- Automatically scales input signals to match the native resolution of the room display
- Supports a range of display resolutions up to Full HD 1080p and WUXGA
- Supports any input resolution up to Full HD 1080p and WUXGA
- Performs deinterlacing of NTSC, PAL, and 1080i sources
- Handles Dolby Digital® 5.1, DTS® 5.1, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- Allows stereo HDMI-to-analog audio de-embedding
- Provides up to 150 ms lip-sync audio delay
- QuickSwitch HD™ technology manages HDCP keys for fast, reliable switching
- Includes comprehensive built-in EDID configuration tools
- Provides a 10/100 Ethernet LAN connection
- Enables device control via CEC, IR, or RS-232
- Compact, low-profile surface mount design
- Universal 100-240V external power pack included