Works with a Crestron® 3-Series Control System® to maximize Cresnet® network reliability and performance. Enables Cresnet data over high-speed Ethernet and features two isolated Cresnet subnets, built-in network diagnostics, and versatile power management.
The Ethernet to Cresnet® Bridge (DIN-CENCN-2-POE) works with any Crestron® 3-Series Control System® to maximize the reliability and robustness of the Cresnet network. It offers a more sophisticated solution than a Cresnet block or hub, providing two isolated subnets and built-in diagnostics, plus versatile power distribution options and a convenient DIN rail form factor.
NOTE: The DIN-CENCN-2-POE is compatible with 3-Series® control systems only.
The Cresnet® Bus
- Cresnet is the communications backbone for many Crestron keypads, lighting controls, shade motors, thermostats, occupancy sensors, and other devices that don’t require the higher speed of Ethernet. It provides a dependable and flexible wiring solution, allowing multiple devices to be wired together in parallel using both home-run and daisy-chain topologies. The Cresnet bus distributes bidirectional data communication and 24VDC power to each device over a single 4-conductor cable.
Ethernet to Cresnet Bridge
- Adding one or more Ethernet to Cresnet bridges to a 3-Series Control System enables the distribution of Cresnet over high-speed Ethernet. The increased bandwidth afforded by Ethernet reduces latency for overall improved speed and performance. And, by leveraging existing LAN infrastructure in any facility, wiring distances can be extended easily while potentially reducing the overall wiring requirements. One or more bridges can be deployed on a single control system, and they can even be addressed by more than one control system, affording incredible flexibility in system design and functionality.
Dual Cresnet Subnets
- The DIN-CENCN-2-POE provides two isolated subnets. Each subnet behaves as a Cresnet master with its own unique address space. A maximum of 20 Cresnet devices is supported per subnet, and each subnet furnishes six Cresnet connectors for easy termination of multiple lines.
Cresnet Power Distribution
- Proper power distribution is key to a reliable Cresnet network. To facilitate proper powering, the DIN-CENCN-2-POE offers versatile, scalable power management using PoE or 24VDC. Ten Watts total Cresnet power is available to both subnets using PoE, which can be increased to 20 Watts using PoE+. Adding one or two external 24VDC Cresnet power supplies enables up to 75 Watts Cresnet power to either or each subnet depending on the configuration. For more details, refer to the “Power Requirements” section of the specifications.The DIN-CENCN-2-POE configures itself automatically based on the power sources connected. Built-in protection intelligently monitors the load and wiring conditions on each subnet, and shuts down power to either subnet in case of an overload, wiring fault, or power supply failure. If such an error occurs, only the subnet with the error is shut down, leaving the other subnet fully operable.
- Many common control system problems are caused by wiring faults, insufficient power, or too many devices. The latter is resolved by increasing bandwidth using Ethernet and limiting the number of devices that can be connected to each subnet. For the other issues, the DIN-CENCN-2-POE provides a full set of diagnostic tools to help identify and resolve them easily. From the unit’s front panel, an installer can press the “TEST” button and observe the LED indicators to see if there are any error codes. This allows wiring problems to be identified before ever powering up the control system. More complete details can be viewed and analyzed using a Web browser or Crestron Toolbox™ software. In a functioning control system, sporadically occurring errors caused by cut or faulty wires, disconnected devices, or failed power supplies can be reported to the control system in real-time to provide error notifications via a touch screen, mobile device, email, text message, SNMP, or Crestron Fusion® enterprise management software. Insertion of an SD memory card (not included) enables logging of Cresnet activity and errors over time, making it easier to diagnose intermittent issues that can’t be duplicated on demand.
Power over Ethernet
- Using PoE+ technology, the DIN-CENCN-2-POE gets its operating power through the LAN wiring from a PoE or PoE+ power source (Crestron PWE-4803RU, CEN-SW-POE-5, or CEN-SWPOE-16 sold separately). Alternately, the unit can be powered by 24VDC Cresnet power. Refer to the “Power Requirements” section of the specifications for more details.
DIN Rail Mounting
- The DIN-CENCN-2-POE is designed to snap onto a standard 35 mm DIN rail for installation in a wall mount enclosure or on any flat surface. DIN rail mounting affords a very space-efficient, cost-effective, and modular solution for configuring complete control systems using a DIN-AP3 processor along with additional Crestron and third-party DIN rail mountable devices.
- Maximizes Cresnet® network reliability and performance
- Designed for use with any Crestron® 3-Series Control System®
- Enables Cresnet data communications over high-speed Ethernet
- Provides two isolated Cresnet subnets
- Supports 20 Cresnet devices per subnet
- Supports 3000 feet (914 m) aggregate cable length per subnet
- Powerable via PoE, PoE+, or Cresnet
- Includes intelligent power management for each subnet
- Features built-in network diagnostics tools
- Allows testing of network wiring, power, and communications
- Allows detailed error analysis via software or Web browser
- Allows real-time reporting of errors via the control system
- Allows logging of Cresnet activity and errors over time
- 9M wide DIN rail mountable