Provides a single DVI-I input for any DigitalMedia™ Switcher with modular plug-in input card slots.
The DMC-DVI is an input card designed for use with any card-based Crestron® DigitalMedia™ Switcher. It provides one DVI-I type input, with a complementary analog stereo audio input and HDMI® pass-through output. A USB HID port is also provided. The DVI-I input allows for the connection of a single-link DVI digital video source or an analog VGA, RGB, or component video source. It handles computer resolutions up to WUXGA 1920x1200, as well as HD video up to 1080p60. Analog video signals are converted to digital using high-quality 30 bit sampling.
- Via its balanced analog audio input, the DMC-DVI allows a stereo line-level signal to be converted to 24-bit digital and combined with the digital video signal for distribution over the DigitalMedia network.
- Every DM® switcher input card includes an HDMI output port, which can be used to pass the audio and video input signals through to a local audio processor or video monitor, or to feed a second DM switcher for output expansion purposes.
USB Signal Extension
- Built-in USB HID signal routing allows a connected computer (or other USB HID-compliant host) to be controlled by a mouse and/or keyboard located at a presentation lectern, conference table, or some other remote location. Additional USB devices of virtually any type can be supported using Crestron USB over Ethernet Extenders (USB-EXT-DM).
Standalone DVI/VGA to HDMI Converter
- In addition to its use as an input card for DM switchers, the DMC-DVI may also be used with the DMCI DigitalMedia Card Interface to provide a handy problem-solving tool with many useful functions. It can be used to merge DVI digital video and analog stereo audio into a single HDMI output, and to extend a USB HID mouse/keyboard signal over Ethernet. It can also be used to detect a device’s video information, manage its EDID, and assess its HDCP capabilities.
Digital Upgrade for Legacy Systems
- Whether installed in a DM switcher or DMCI, the DMC-DVI card affords a digital upgrade for analog-based systems like Crestron MPS and QuickMedia®. A simple HD15 VGA cable and balanced stereo audio cable connected between the output of an MPS system and the input of the DMC-DVI allows every RGB, component, S-Video, composite video, and audio input on the MPS to be converted to HDMI and DigitalMedia.
- To configure a DM switcher complete with input and output cards, cables, and other peripherals, please use the online DigitalMedia Switcher Configuration Tool.
- Please refer to the DigitalMedia Resources Webpage at http://www.crestron.com/dmresources/ for additional design tools and reference documents.
- Modular input card for a DM-MD8X8, DM-MD16X16, or DM-MD32X32 switcher
- Provides a single DVI-I input with balanced stereo analog audio
- Accommodates DVI, VGA, RGB, and component video sources
- Handles computer resolutions up to WUXGA
- Handles video resolutions up to Full HD 1080p
- HDCP 1.2 compliant
- Enables embedding of analog audio with digital video
- Includes an HDMI® output for pass-through of the input signal
- Enables USB HID signal extension for a local computer
- Compatible with Crestron USB over Ethernet Extenders
- Occupies a single DM® switcher input card slot
- Provides a DVI or VGA to HDMI convertor using the optional DMCI card interface