Pairs with a DM Lite receiver to provide a simple point-to-point signal extender for HDMI® signals up to UHD and 4K. Provides auto-switching HDMI, VGA, and stereo analog audio inputs.
The HD-TX-201-C-2G-E (-B-T or -W-T) is a wall plate DM Lite transmitter designed to pair with a DM Lite receiver to form a point-to-point signal extender for HDMI® signals. The DM Lite family of products offers a very simple and versatile solution for extending HD, UHD, 2K, and 4K video signals, with stereo or surround sound audio, over a single CAT5e (or better) cable. A cable length of up to 230 ft (70 m) is supported for HD 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K signals, or up to 130 ft (40 m) for UHD and 4K.
In addition to its HDMI input, the HD-TX-201-C-2G-E also includes a VGA input accompanied by a stereo analog audio input. Auto-switching between HDMI and VGA affords plug-and-play simplicity. Manual input selection is also available using the front panel “INPUT SEL” button. The VGA input can accept RGB and component video signals by using an appropriate breakout cable or adapter (not included). The audio input is selected in tandem with the VGA input, and can be used by itself with no video source connected. It cannot be paired with the HDMI video input however.
Note: When paired with an HD-RX-201-C-E receiver, the local inputs are switched in combination with the HDMI input on the receiver, and can also be controlled remotely through integration with a Crestron® control system.
A CAT6a RJ45 courtesy jack is included to provide a 1000Base-T network connection for computers and other devices. The front panel jack simply passes through to a parallel jack on the rear, which connects to an available port on the customer’s LAN. This LAN jack is provided as a convenience to supplant the need for a separate RJ45 wall jack. It does not interface with the DM Lite system and cannot be used to extend Ethernet signals or interface with a control system.
The HD-TX-201-C-2G-E series comes in black or white, and is designed to mount in a 2-gang electrical box or plaster ring (not included). It is normally powered by the receiver over the link cable when using a surface mount receiver. If using a wall plate receiver, a single power pack must be purchased (sold separately, model TBA), which may be connected to either the transmitter or receiver.
Important: This product is not addressable from a control system and offers no programmable functionality except when paired with an HD-RX-201-C-E receiver. Otherwise, AV and CEC signals are simply passed through between the transmitter and receiver. The RJ45 link port on this product is exclusively intended for linking with a single DM Lite receiver. It should not be used to connect to any other equipment or network. DM Lite is not compatible with PoE, PoDM, DigitalMedia 8G+® (DM 8G+®), or HDBaseT®.
- Pairs with a DM Lite receiver to provide a simple point-to-point signal extender and switcher
- Enables extension of HDMI® video and audio signals
- Also converts and extends VGA and analog audio signals
- Auto-switches between one HDMI input and one VGA input
- Links to the receiver via a single CAT5e (or better) twisted pair cable
- Supports 4K and UHD at up to 130 ft (40 m)
- Supports HD 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K at up to 230 ft (70 m)
- Handles 4K video resolutions up to 4K60 4:2:0 and 4K30 4:4:4
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Supports Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS HD®, DTS:X®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- Compatible with HDMI, DVI, and Dual-Mode DisplayPort sources
- Compatible with VGA, RGBHV, RGBS, RGsB, and YPbPr component sources up to HD 1080p and WUXGA
- HDCP 1.4 compliant
- Passes CEC and EDID signals
- Allows control system integration when paired with an HD-RX-201-C-E receiver
- Courtesy LAN jack
- Flush wall mount design
- Installs in a 2-gang U.S. electrical box (2-1/4” deep) or plaster ring
- Decorator style faceplates sold separately (type FP-G2-DM only)
- Normally powered by the receiver (surface mount) over the link cable
- Universal 100-240V power pack available separately (coming soon) for use with a wall plate receiver