Provides a high-performance graphics engine for the Crestron® TSD-2220 and third-party touch screen displays. Supports advanced Smart Graphics™ with dual-window video from HDMI®, DM®, and streaming sources. Its low-profile, surface-mountable design fits virtually anywhere.
Built-in PinPoint™ UX app leverages any room display to create an intelligent meeting space seamlessly integrated with Crestron Fusion® Cloud. Offers an enhanced presentation and productivity solution for meeting rooms and huddle spaces. Provides essential on-screen information and facilitates BYOD presentation without requiring a touch screen, remote, or control system.
The DM-DGE-200-C Digital Graphics Engine transforms an HD or Ultra HD touch screen display into an advanced Crestron® controller. Featuring Crestron Smart Graphics™ technology, the DM-DGE-200-C provides for the creation of a completely custom graphical environment combining advanced controls for audio & video, lighting, shades, HVAC, security, and other functions with dual-window video display, annotation, audio feedback, and web browsing. Its low-profile, surface-mountable design allows for a discreet installation behind a flat-panel display, under a table, or inside a lectern or equipment rack.
Alternately, the DM-DGE-200-C offers an enhanced presentation and productivity solution for meeting rooms and huddle spaces using Crestron PinPoint™ UX technology. Without requiring a touch screen or any other controls or programming, PinPoint UX leverages the room’s display to create an intelligent meeting space seamlessly integrated as part of a complete Crestron Fusion® Cloud managed enterprise.
The DM-DGE-200-C features a 4K UHD capable HDMI® output for connection to the display device, and includes a USB HID port for touch, mouse, and/or keyboard input. Additional control ports are provided to enable control of the display device and other equipment. A single HDMI input allows an AirMedia® wireless presentation gateway or other high-definition video source to be connected and displayed on screen. A DM 8G+® input is included to support 4K UHD and DCI 4K sources connected at a DM® transmitter or switcher. Additionally, H.264 streaming video signals can be received over a high-speed Ethernet connection. Ethernet also provides the interface to a Crestron control system, which is required for touch screen and OSM control applications.
- The DM-DGE-200-C takes any meeting room or huddle space display device to a higher level, enhancing its usability while eliminating the need for any other AV or control equipment in the room. Built-in PinPoint UX technology works with Crestron Fusion Cloud and the PinPoint app to provide an intelligent meeting space that greets attendees with useful on-screen information and facilitates BYOD presentation without the need for a touch screen, button panel, or remote.
- As attendees enter the room, the personalized welcome screen provides essential details about the current scheduled meeting along with simple instructions to guide presenters through connecting their mobile devices and starting the presentation. As the meeting progresses, gentle notifications appear periodically to indicate how much time is left in the meeting and what’s scheduled next for the room. Pop-up messages may also appear prominently on screen, sent from Fusion, in the event of an emergency or other important announcement.
- With PinPoint UX, system operation is essentially invisible. Simply connecting a laptop, tablet, or other presentation source causes the video inputs to switch and the display to turn on (if not already on). Sources can be connected via a wired interface or wirelessly via Crestron AirMedia. The display can also be scheduled to turn on and off at set times.
- The status of the display and any connected devices is reported to Fusion to enable monitoring and logging of equipment usage, and notification if a device is powered off or disconnected. Complete setup and configuration of PinPoint UX is performed through a simple web browser interface or through Fusion, with the ability to configure many PinPoint UX devices at once over the network.
- Note: PinPoint UX may be used without Crestron Fusion Cloud to provide a simple standalone meeting room presentation solution with customizable welcome screen and automatic operation. PinPoint UX also supports direct integration with Microsoft® Exchange Server.
Touch Screen Interface
- For traditional touch screen control applications, the DM-DGE-200-C pairs perfectly with a Crestron TSD-2220 HD Touch Screen Display to deliver a high-definition 21.5” touch screen control panel that’s ideal for home automation, corporate multimedia presentation, and command center applications. Third-party touch screens of varying sizes can be used with the DM-DGE-200-C to fulfill a range of control, collaboration, video display, and interactive kiosk solutions. The DM-DGE-200-C currently supports either Full HD 1080p60 (1920x1080@60Hz) or 4K UHD (3840x2160@30Hz) display resolutions.
- On-screen menu (OSM) capability offers an alternative to touch screen control, enabling a fully-customizable control menu to appear on any TV or video display, with simple navigation provided using the same Crestron handheld remote that’s controlling the TV. A USB mouse may also be used. The DM-DGE-200-C delivers stunning menu graphics that pop up unobtrusively at the edge of the screen alongside the video image, letting you quickly adjust lighting and climate control settings, lower the shades, check security system status, and lock or unlock the front door without interrupting the movie or TV program you’re watching. Detailed alert messages can also appear on screen in case of a security alarm, doorbell, or other event. You can even pop up a live streaming camera window to see who’s at the door or coming up the driveway.
The DM-DGE-200-C uses Smart Graphics to deliver the ultimate user experience and the ultimate value by enabling the creation of dynamically rich user interfaces with incredible efficiency and unparalleled functionality. Using Smart Graphics, programmers can swiftly integrate fluid gesture-driven controls, animated feedback, rich metadata, embedded apps and widgets, and full-motion video for a deeply engaging and ultra-intuitive touch screen experience.
Crestron Smart Graphics offers these enhancements and more:
- Cool-looking graphical buttons, sliders, knobs, and gauges that are intuitive and fun to use
- Kinetic effects to enhance the feeling of realism, with lists and toolbars that scroll with momentum at the flick of a fingertip
- Drag-and-drop objects that snap into place, offering an easy way to switch sources
- Dashboard widgets to personalize the touch screen with clocks, weather, news, and other information
- A power-saving screensaver that can display the time, temperature, and other text content at a reduced brightness level
- Customizable themes allowing a completely different look and feel for every user, event, or season
- Fully-developed SmartObjects® that enable sophisticated control over complex devices with minimal programming
- A consistent look and feel across touch screens of varying sizes
HD Streaming Video
- High-definition streaming video capability makes it possible to view security cameras and other video sources over the network right on the touch screen. Native support for H.264 and MJPEG formats allows the DM-DGE-200-C to display live streaming video from an IP camera, a streaming encoder (Crestron CEN-NVS200, DM-TXRX-100-STR, or similar), or a DigitalMedia™ switcher.
4K DM 8G+® Input
- Via its DM 8G+ input, the DM-DGE-200-C allows the display of video sources with resolutions up to Ultra HD and DCI 4K. Connectivity for such sources can be provided through a DM 8G+ transmitter or a DM switcher.
- An HDMI input is included to allow a local HD video source to be connected and displayed. Wireless presentation capability can also be enabled by connecting an AirMedia gateway (AM-101) to the HDMI input, allowing Wi-Fi® enabled laptops and mobile devices to connect wirelessly to the DM-DGE-200-C. Please note that the maximum resolution supported by the HDMI input is 1080p60 (1920x1080 @60Hz).
HDCP 2.2 Support
- Industry-leading support for HDCP 2.2 (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) ensures seamless compatibility with content-protected DVD, Blu-ray Disc®, broadcast TV, and Internet TV sources. HDCP 2.2 is supported through the DM 8G+ input and HDMI output, while the HDMI input supports HDCP 1.4.
- Using the DM-DGE-200-C’s built-in web browser, it’s possible to access online program guides and other web-based services at the touch of a button, allowing enhanced touch screen control of DVRs and other appliances without having to pick up a separate tablet or smartphone. If a device can be controlled or managed through a web browser, it can be integrated into the Crestron system through the DM-DGE-200-C. Of course, the web browser may also be used to simply browse the Internet, watch online videos, and check up on social media.
- Paired with the TSD-2220 or other multi-touch compatible touch screen display, the DM-DGE-200-C affords enhanced capabilities for browsing web pages using multi-touch gestures.
- An on-screen multi-language keyboard allows for quick entry of passwords, URLs, and text searches.
- Whether conducting a high-level boardroom meeting or training seminar, sharing ideas in a huddle space, or watching sports in your home theater, annotation helps put the fine point on any presentation. Native to the DM-DGE-200-C, annotation provides the ability to illustrate your thoughts on-the-fly, letting you draw and write over video and computer images, and sketch out ideas on a whiteboard screen.
- Remote annotation capability allows multiple participants, each with a separate touch screen, to draw with their fingertips over the same video image or whiteboard, enabling enhanced collaboration in a classroom, courtroom, or council chamber. Remote annotation works using multiple DM-DGE-200-C’s and other Crestron touch screens. Adding a dedicated DM-DGE-200-C to the main display in any room allows the annotation session to be viewed by the entire audience.
- The DM-DGE-200-C includes built-in RS-232 and IR control ports to allow for programmable control of the connected display and other devices via the control system. Additional control capability is afforded by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Via its Ethernet connection to the control system, the DM-DGE-200-C provides a gateway for controlling the display device right through its HDMI connection, potentially eliminating the need for any dedicated serial cables or IR emitters.
- The DM-DGE-200-C mounts conveniently to a wall, ceiling, or other flat surface. Its compact, surface-mountable form factor fits easily behind a flat panel display, beneath a tabletop, or inside a lectern or other furniture. It can even be attached directly to a single rack rail in the back of an equipment cabinet.
- Touch screen graphics engine for the Crestron® TSD-2220 or a third-party USB HID compliant touch screen
- Also supports OSM applications without a touch screen
- PinPoint™ UX feature delivers an automated enterprise meeting room solution managed by Crestron Fusion® Cloud (coming soon!)
- HDMI® output supports Full HD 1080p60 and 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160@30Hz) display resolutions
- Displays dual-window or full screen video from HDMI, DM 8G+®, and H.264 streaming inputs
- Supports video input resolutions up to 4K UHD and DCI 4K via DM 8G+ or up to 1080p60 via HDMI
- Receives H.264 streaming video signals up to 1080p60/25Mpbs
- DM 8G+ input supports cable lengths up 330 ft (100 m)
- HDCP 2.2 and 1.4 compliant
- Crestron Smart Graphics™
- Built-in annotation capabilities
- Customizable audio feedback
- Built-in web browsing
- On-screen multi-language keyboard
- Customizable screensaver
- USB 2.0 port supports most USB HID compliant touch screens, mice, and keyboards
- High-speed 10/100 Ethernet LAN port
- Enables device control via CEC, IR, and RS-232
- 100-240V universal power pack included
- Compact, surface-mountable form factor fits in tight spaces