Choice of thermal magnetic, combination arc fault, and ground fault type circuit breakers for CAEN-MLO automation enclosures.
To ensure premium electrical circuit protection for our CAEN-MLO automation enclosures, Crestron® has selected Eaton® Type CH circuit breakers. These breakers are available directly from Crestron in a choice of thermal magnetic, ground fault, and combination arc fault breaker types.
Eaton CH circuit breakers feature a quick-make, quick-break switch mechanism combined with inverse time element tripping operation and trip-free handle design. The thermal-magnetic trip curve avoids nuisance tripping on mild overloads while reacting almost instantaneously to severe short-circuit conditions. These breakers trip to the OFF position, clearly identifying which breaker has tripped and allowing for simple one-step reset. Each breaker also includes a trip flag to differentiate between a trip and the breaker being turned off.
- Combination arc fault and ground fault models feature an innovative plug-on neutral design that eliminates the need for individual pigtails wired to a separate bus bar. This feature saves time during installation, eliminates nuisance tripping due to loose pigtail connections, and allows for a cleaner, more serviceable assembly.
Combination Arc Fault Breakers
- Arcing faults are a common cause of many home electrical fires, which can occur when insulation around cords, wires, or cables is damaged or deteriorated. A combination type arc fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) offers mitigation of high current arcing faults in the complete circuit, including connected cords. In addition, it provides direct detection of persistent low current arcing faults down to 5 amps with associated mitigation of fire hazards in the cords connected to the outlets. Beginning in 2008, the National Electrical Code® requires all circuits feeding dwelling areas in residential structures to be protected by combination type arc fault circuit interrupters.
- Eaton combination arc fault breakers are rigorously tested and proven to work reliably with Crestron dimmers, exhibiting excellent immunity to nuisance tripping under dimmed loads up to 2000 Watts. Built-in diagnostics ensure reliable protection, with visual trip indication provided via a diagnostic LED. Diagnostic trip codes are displayed by the LED using blinking patterns.
Ground Fault Breakers
- A ground fault current interrupter (GFCI) provides superior safety for electrical outlets in areas where electricity may come into contact with water. A GFCI immediately breaks the circuit when electrical current leakage is detected, reducing the risk of shock and electrocution. A GFCI is required in any application where outlets are located near water such as kitchen countertops, bathrooms, swimming pools, hot tubs, and outdoor receptacles.
- Eaton® Type CH circuit breakers
- Choice of thermal magnetic, combination arc fault, and ground fault types
- Quick-make, quick-break switch mechanism
- Inverse time element tripping operation
- Two position, trip to "OFF" handle with trip flag
- Plug-on neutral (AFCI and GFCI models)
- Avoids nuisance tripping under dimmed loads up to 2000 Watts (AFCI model)
- Built-in diagnostics with LED indicator (AFCI model)