Provides a professional amplifier solution for commercial applications that saves energy, space, and money. Unique modular design is super easy to configure and ships with everything required to enable surface mounting, rack mounting, and ganging multiple units together.
Finally, a space saving, energy efficient, commercial grade, professional performance amplifier solution that’s totally configurable yet remarkably straightforward. Whether you need a single-channel amp that mounts on a wall or under a table, or a multi-channel rack mount amp with multiple output types and power levels, Crestron® modular amps are astoundingly simple to specify and install in any configuration you require.
All-Inclusive Modular Design
- Crestron modular amplifiers are offered in a range of output power levels, with single and dual-channel models available, and with options to address either Lo-Z (4/8 Ω) or Hi-Z (70 or 100 Volt) speaker types. (AMP-150 models support Hi-Z only.) Each model is housed in either a quarter- or half-width rack-mountable form factor that can be installed individually or ganged together in a single rack space. (AMP-150 models are quarter-width.) Every model ships complete with all the hardware required for installation of the unit by itself or in combination with any other unit(s). Rack and surface mount kits are included, so there are no other mounting accessories or rack shelves to purchase.
- Whether mounting in a rack, attaching to a flat surface, or simply placing on a shelf, it’s easy to combine multiple units into a single assembly. Just remove a couple of screws, slide the side panel off and attach it to the next unit, slide the two units together, and reinstall the screws. The complete multichannel amp assembly is sturdy and solid, with the look of a full-space unit. Attach the appropriate sized rack ears or surface brackets and it’s ready to mount.
70V or 100V Output
- The AMP-150 is a single channel amplifier, conservatively rated at 50 Watts, with a “Hi-Z” output to drive a distributed speaker system. Two models are offered: The AMP-150-70 has a 70 Volt output, and the AMP-150-100 has a 100 Volt output. Output wiring is facilitated using a detachable terminal block. Balanced and unbalanced inputs are provided for connection to a mono or stereo (summed) source via a detachable terminal block or RCA connectors.
Solid & Efficient Performance
- All Crestron modular amps are engineered to deliver exceptional performance and reliability with low distortion, low noise, and high power headroom. Advanced Class D technology maximizes efficiency to reduce power consumption and heat dissipation. An internal universal power supply with power factor correction ensures consistent performance at varying line voltages.
- The ultra-efficient design of the AMP-150 ensures cool running operation without the use of internal fans. This means there’s no fan noise to disturb nearby listeners and no moving parts to break down. Cool operation also helps to ensure long term reliability. The AMP-150 is high-density stackable with other Crestron modular amps, allowing multiple units to be installed vertically in an equipment rack without extra ventilation space in between.
- The AMP-150 features comprehensive protection against overheating, shorted or overloaded speaker lines, excessive input signals, and other faults. Built-in clip limiting prevents extreme output signals and distortion that can damage the speakers or amplifier. In the case of a shorted speaker line or overheating condition, the output mutes automatically until the fault condition is resolved. In the event of a prolonged fault, such as an internal component failure, the output mutes instantly and the amplifier shuts down.
ENERGY STAR® Certified
- Its energy-efficient design enables the AMP-150 to meet demanding ENERGY STAR requirements. Crestron modular amps, like the AMP-150, allow organizations to fulfill their green initiatives without compromising on audio performance. In addition to its high efficiency under operation, the AMP-150 draws no added inrush current during power-up, thereby reducing AC circuit requirements and allowing multiple units to be connected to a single switched circuit. To reduce energy usage further, the AMP-150 automatically enters a low-power standby state if no input signal is detected for 25 minutes, and returns to full operation within a half-second the instant an input signal is detected.
- ENERGY STAR® certified power amplifier
- Ultra-efficient space-saving design
- Choice of 70V or 100V output
- Single channel, 50 Watts
- Quarter-width, 1 RU form factor
- Surface or rack mountable
- Gangable with other Crestron® modular amps
- All mounting and ganging hardware included
- High-density stackable
- Convection cooling — no mechanical fans
- Comprehensive fault and speaker protection
- Clip limiter
- Low noise, low distortion, high headroom
- Low power consumption
- Automatic low-power standby
- Balanced and unbalanced inputs
- Detachable terminal blocks for easy servicing
- Front panel level adjustment with tamper-preventive magnetic cover
- Front panel power/standby, fault, and signal/clip indicators
- Internal universal 100-240V power supply