Provides 8 channels of technologically advanced universal dimming for 230 Volt LED, incandescent, magnetic low-voltage, electronic low-voltage, and 2-wire dimmable fluorescent lighting loads. Installs in a CAEN or CAENIB wall mount automation enclosure as part of a complete Crestron® centralized lighting control system.
Module shown with CLTI-Series Terminal block on left.
Visit the Crestron® Lighting Fixture Compatibility page to find out which Crestron lighting devices have been tested and are compatible with third party lighting fixtures.
The CLXI-2DIMU8 lighting control module provides 8 channels of technologically advanced universal dimming for 230 Volt LED, incandescent, magnetic low-voltage, electronic low-voltage, and 2-wire dimmable fluorescent lighting loads. With unparalleled Constant Power dimming technology, this universal dimmer automatically selects forward- or reverse-phase control based on each channel’s load when in Auto-Load Detection mode. The CLXI-2DIMU8 is composed of two independent 4-channel dimmers; each channel is rated for 2.5 Amps (575 Watts), with a total module rating of 20 Amps (4600 Watts) when fed from two separate feeds. This unit automatically protects itself from overcurrent, over voltage, and over temperature for a long and reliable lifespan. Air-gap relays on every channel output allow individual circuits to be serviced without disabling the entire module.
Flexible Lighting System Designs
- Crestron’s CLXI-2DIMU8 Universal Dimmer Module eliminates the need to specify different dimmers for different fixtures and loads, offering unparalleled flexibility when designing lighting systems. This means less wiring, fewer components, and less time testing and commissioning lighting systems. Utilize Crestron Toolbox™ to create custom dimming curves for a smooth dimming experience in any space.
- The patent-pending, innovative Constant Power technology effectively reduces flicker and provides extreme stability in noisy environments. This cutting-edge technology quickly adjusts the CLXI-2DIMU8 dimmer’s on-time response to changes in input voltage so that power is constantly and consistently delivered to the load. Voltage sag and peak overshoot no longer cause changes in load output, ensuring reliable lighting performance. To further reduce lamp flicker, the CLXI-2DIMU8 features Crestron's proprietary zero-cross filter technology for superior immunity to noise on the power line. Low-maintenance convection cooling on the CLXI-2DIMU8 ensures quiet and trouble-free operation. This technologically advanced universal dimmer offers unparalleled reliability and is the perfect solution for noisy environments that require optimal dimming performance.
- Each channel of the CLXI-2DIMU8 is capable of automatically detecting the dimmable load type connected to it and selecting the appropriate operating mode to control that load. Reverse-phase (trailing edge) mode supports incandescent and electronic low-voltage load types while forward-phase (leading edge) mode handles magnetic low-voltage, neon, and other inductive load types.
- An override feature allows each channel to be adjusted to a preset state during setup. In the event that Cresnet® communications should be disrupted for any reason, a simple contact closure can be used to activate the override presets.
- Populate Crestron CAEN and CAENIB cabinets with multiple Universal Dimmer Modules to accommodate 230 Volt applications of any size. The CLXI-2DIMU8 occupies a single module space in any CAEN or CAEN-MLO automation enclosure. Termination of high-voltage wiring to the module is facilitated by a CLTI-2DIMU8 terminal block, which is sold separately to enable termination of the dimmer’s wiring any time prior to installing the module. The CLXI-2DIMU8 can be controlled by a control system via the Cresnet network. A 5-wire link provides bussing of the Cresnet and override signals between modules within an enclosure (interconnect jumpers included).
- 8 channels of dimming for both forward- and reverse-phase modes
- Two independent 4 channel dimmers in a single module
- Constant Power dimming technology and zero-cross filtering to reduce lamp flickering
- Auto-load detection mode
- Custom dimming curve creatable in Crestron Toolbox™
- Extreme stability in noisy environments
- Dual or single 230 Volt feed
- Air-gap relays on every channel output
- Override preset capability
- Convection cooled
- Occupies 1 module space in a CAEN or CAENIB automation enclosure
- Easy termination using a CLTI-2DIMU8 terminal block