Provides eight DM 8G+® outputs for any DigitalMedia™ Switcher with modular output blade slots. Supports 4K and Ultra HD video.
The DMB-4K-O-C is an output blade designed for use with any blade-based Crestron® DigitalMedia™ Switcher. It provides eight independent DM 8G+® outputs, which are also compatible with HDBaseT®. Using a single CAT type twisted pair cable, each DM 8G+ output enables connection to a DM 8G+ receiver, the input of another DM® switcher, or an HDBaseT® certified display device or receiver.
Note: Older units with Crestron Material # 6506002 support HDCP 1.2 only. A hardware replacement using Material # 6507802 is required to enable support for HDCP 2.2.
4K Ultra HD
- All outputs on the DMB-4K-O-C are capable of handling video resolutions up to 4K and Ultra HD. Support for 4K video also ensures support for the latest generation of computers and monitors with native resolutions beyond 1080p and WUXGA.
- Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DigitalMedia 8G+ (DM 8G+) provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, power, Ethernet, and control signals over twisted pair copper wire. DM 8G+ handles uncompressed Full HD 1080p, Ultra HD, 2K, and 4K video signals with support for HDCP 2.2, Deep Color, 3D, and high-bitrate 7.1 audio. All signals are transported over a single CAT type cable, supporting 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K signals at distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using Crestron DM Ultra Cable, Crestron DM 8G® Cable, or third-party CAT5e. Higher resolutions up to UHD and 4K are supported at distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using DM Ultra Cable, 230 feet (70 m) using DM 8G Cable, or 165 feet (50 m) using CAT5e.
- Crestron DigitalMedia 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. Any DM 8G+ output can be connected directly to an HDBaseT compliant device without requiring a DM receiver.
Power over DM®
- Power over DM (PoDM) technology affords a true one-wire solution by supplying power to each connected device over the same wire that carries video, audio, and data signals. To enable PoDM power sourcing through the blade’s DM 8G+ output ports, simply connect a compatible PoDM power source to the PoDM input. Compatible power sources include Crestron models PW-4830DUS and DM-PSU-3X8-RPS. Support for PoDM+ is enabled through all eight ports using the DM-PSU-3X8-RPS, or through a maximum of four ports using the PW-4830DUS.
- Please refer to the DigitalMedia Resources Webpage at http://www.crestron.com/dmresources/ for additional design tools and reference documents.
- Modular output blade for a DM-MD64X64 or DM-MD128X128 switcher
- Provides eight independent 4K DM 8G+® outputs
- HDBaseT® Certified — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Handles video resolutions up to 4K and Ultra HD
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for all resolutions up to UHD and 4K using DM® Ultra cable
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e
- Supports cable lengths up to 230 ft (70 m) for UHD and 4K using DM 8G cable, or 165 ft (50 m) using CAT5e
- Supports PoDM and HDBaseT PoE power sourcing
- Occupies a single DM switcher output blade slot