Provides four channels of switching for commercial lighting applications. Supports a full range of high-inrush, non-dimmable lighting loads. Installs in a CAEN or CAEN-MLO wall mount automation enclosure as part of a complete Crestron® centralized lighting control system.
The Crestron® GL-CAEN-4HSW4 is a four-channel, four-feed switch module designed for 120V commercial lighting system applications. It installs in a CAEN or CAEN-MLO enclosure and provides control of non-dimmable lighting loads including LED, incandescent, fluorescent, magnetic low-voltage, electronic low-voltage, neon/cold cathode, and high-intensity discharge. It can also be used to switch motor loads. Individual feed capability provides four independent single-channel switches in one module space. Each channel is rated for 16 Amps, with a total module rating of 64 Amps when fed from four separate 20 Amp feeds.
- An air-gap relay on each channel output allows individual circuits to be serviced without disabling the entire module.
- Low-maintenance convection cooling with over-sized heatsinks affords silent operation with no mechanical components to wear out.
Emergency Lighting Control
- The GL-CAEN-4HSW4 is UL® 924 and CSA® C22.2 No. 141-15 listed for use in controlling emergency lighting loads. In the event of a power failure, a contact closure from a power loss sensor (Crestron GLS-PLS-120/277, sold separately) activates the override mode in the GL-CAEN-4HSW4 to turn on each designated lighting load if it is off (assuming line power is supplied by a backup power source).
Centralized Lighting Cabinet Installation
- Crestron GL-CAEN series commercial lighting control modules are designed to be installed in a CAEN or CAEN-MLO wall mount enclosure. Available in a variety of sizes, CAEN and CAEN-MLO enclosures provide a scalable, high-density centralized lighting control solution for any-sized commercial building or facility. A selection of GL-CAEN module types is offered to accommodate a wide range of load types and system configurations.
- Each lighting control module, including the GL-CAEN-4HSW4, ships complete with a DIN rail terminal block for termination of the high-voltage feed and load wiring. This terminal block mounts beside the module within the enclosure. Low-voltage control signals are bussed between each of the modules within an enclosure via a simple 5-wire link (interconnect jumpers included), which terminates to a single terminal block (model CAEN-BLOCK, sold separately) at the bottom of the enclosure.
- The GL-CAEN-4HSW4 interfaces with a Crestron control system (a.k.a., control processor or automation processor) via Cresnet. Cresnet is a simple 4-wire network bus that provides the communications backbone for a system of Crestron lighting dimmers, switches, keypads, shades, thermostats, and other devices.
- Four-channel high-inrush switch module for commercial lighting applications
- Installs in a Crestron® CAEN or CAEN-MLO enclosure
- Supports on/off switching of LED, incandescent, fluorescent, magnetic low-voltage, electronic low-voltage, neon/cold cathode, and high-intensity discharge lighting loads
- Also supports on/off switching of 1/2 HP motor loads
- Individual feed inputs per channel
- Rated 16 Amps per channel, 64 Amps total (using four 20 Amp feeds), at 120 Volts AC
- Built-in air gap relay per channel
- Convection cooled for silent operation
- Closure-activated override mode
- UL® 924 and CSA® C22.2 No. 141-15 listed for emergency lighting control
- Crestron system integration via Cresnet®
- Includes terminal block for high-voltage wiring
- CEC Title 24 2013 compliant