The DMPS3-4K-150-C from Crestron® provides an ultra high-definition presentation switcher and control solution that’s perfect for huddle rooms, conference rooms, and classrooms. It integrates the control system, multi-format switcher, 4K video scaler, mic preamp, and audio DSP all into one compact device that mounts conveniently under a conference table or in an equipment rack. Built-in Crestron Connect It™ functionality affords a complete collaboration solution that’s easy and affordable to deploy in any small to medium sized meeting space. Without requiring any programming, the DMPS3-4K-150-C is easily configurable for a variety of media presentation applications.
Auto-switching HDMI®, VGA, and analog audio inputs provide the essential connectivity needed to manage multiple computers and other media sources. A full-featured microphone input is also included for applications requiring high-quality speech reinforcement. The selected input source and microphone can be mixed and routed to one HDMI output and one stereo analog audio output. Additional DigitalMedia 8G+® inputs and output afford a streamlined, long-distance wiring solution for remote sources, for the display device, and for facility-wide integration as part of a larger media distribution system. Built-in 4K scaling ensures the highest possible image quality, and compatibility with the widest range of sources and displays.
4K Ultra HD
- The DMPS3-4K-150-C handles 4K and Ultra HD video signals, which is essential to ensure support for the latest generation of computers and monitors with native resolutions beyond 1080p and WUXGA.
Crestron Connect It™
- Crestron Connect It is a cost-effective, simple-to-use presentation solution that provides tabletop BYOD connectivity and one-touch control for multiple participants around a conference table. Simply add up to four Crestron Connect It Cable Caddies (TT-100 series) to the DMPS3-4K-150-C. Its auto-switching inputs support individual HDMI, VGA, and analog audio connections at each cable caddy. Four USB ports on the DMPS3-4K-150-C provide power and communications for each cable caddy.
- A fully functional Crestron Connect It system is enabled right out of the box by simply connecting the cable caddies and input cables. Additional settings and AV adjustments are available through a simple web browser setup screen. In addition to the Crestron Connect It devices, the DMPS3-4K-150-C can also accommodate two DM® transmitters, one DM receiver, and an AirMedia® Presentation Gateway without any additional programming.
No Programming Required!
- Installing the DMPS3-4K-150-C is easy, fast, and affordable. Built-in .AV Framework™ technology delivers a fully-functional presentation system with simplified configuration and a choice of control options and other add-ons. For complete details on the capabilities supported by .AV Framework, please visit: www.crestron.com/avframework.
- The DMPS3-4K-150-C provides high-performance automatic switching between four local groups of inputs and two DM 8G+® inputs. Each local input group includes connections for HDMI, VGA, and unbalanced stereo audio. The HDMI inputs are compatible with DVI and Dual-Mode DisplayPort sources; the VGA inputs can handled RGB, composite, S-Video, and component video sources; and the DM 8G+ inputs are compatible with HDBaseT®. Digital audio is supported by the HDMI and DM 8G+ inputs, plus each analog audio input may be used in combination with its corresponding VGA or HDMI video input. Input auto-detection eliminates the need to configure the inputs – simply connect your source and the DMPS3-4K-150-C selects the right audio and video combination. The switched video signal is routed to one HDMI output and one DM 8G+ output simultaneously.
- With its high-performance 4K video scaler on board, the DMPS3-4K-150-C ensures an optimal image from every video source. It allows all types of video and computer sources to be viewed reliably and look their best on any display up to 4K. It accepts any input resolution, from standard definition NTSC 480i to ultra high-definition DCI 4K, and scales it perfectly to match the native resolution of any screen up to DCI 4K (4096 x 2160). Interlaced sources are converted to progressive scan using motion-adaptive deinterlacing. Intelligent frame rate conversion enables support for 24p and PAL format sources. And, 3D to 2D conversion allows 3D content to be viewed on 2D-only displays. The output of the scaler feeds both the HDMI and DM 8G+ outputs.
Flexible Audio Outputs
- The switched audio signal is routed to the HDMI output as well as to a separate balanced analog audio output, with individual level adjustments provided for each output. The HDMI output signal is also fed simultaneously to the DM 8G+ output. All inputs and outputs support stereo audio, with the option to configure the analog output for mono. Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD®, and 7.1 linear PCM audio signals can also be routed through the HDMI and DM 8G+ inputs and output.
Professional Audio DSP
- The analog audio output includes professional digital signal processing, allowing the signal to be adjusted for optimum performance and sound quality. The analog output is ideally designed to be connected to an external power amplifier and used to drive a set of ceiling or wall mount speakers. In addition to volume, bass, treble, and mute controls, the DSP provides 10-band graphic equalization, fully-adjustable limiting, and up to 80 ms of delay. All settings are adjustable using the DMPS3-4K-150-C’s web browser user interface for easy setup. The output volume level is also adjustable using the front panel volume knob.
Microphone Input with DSP
- A full-featured microphone preamp is included to support the connection of a single wired or wireless mic. Advanced features include fully-adjustable gating and compression, 4-band semi-parametric EQ, and switchable 48V phantom power. The microphone signal can be routed to the analog output, the digital output (HDMI and DM 8G+), or both, with separate level adjustments provided for each.
- Its DM 8G+ inputs and output endow the DMPS3-4K-150-C with incredible potential for connecting remote sources and display devices, and integrating with larger systems. DM 8G+ provides a true one-wire interface for transporting ultra high-definition video, audio, control, power, and networking signals over CAT type cable at distances up to 330 feet (100 meters). Connecting a DM 8G+ receiver to the DM 8G+ output provides a streamlined AV and control interface for a single projector or flat panel display located anywhere in the room. Connecting up to two DM 8G+ transmitters provides expanded input connectivity to incorporate remote AV sources and mobile devices at a lectern, credenza, wall plate, or some other location. DM 8G+ can also provide the interface to a centralized DigitalMedia™ matrix switcher to enable the distribution of signals between multiple rooms and buildings.
- Crestron DM 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. Via DM 8G+, the DMPS3-4K-150-C can be connected directly to an HDBaseT compliant source or display device without requiring a DM 8G+ transmitter or receiver.
EDID Format Management
- The DMPS3-4K-150-C provides comprehensive management of the EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) information that passes between display devices and input sources, ensuring that each source gets displayed at its optimal resolution and format. Most applications require no changes to the default settings. For applications requiring custom configuration, the DMPS3-4K-150-C allows for easy assessment of each device’s format and resolution capabilities, with the ability to configure signals appropriately for the most desirable and predictable behavior.
QuickSwitch HD™ Technology
- Handling digital media signals means handling HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), the encryption scheme used by content providers to protect their DVDs, Blu-ray™ discs, and broadcast signals against unauthorized copying. Viewing HDCP encrypted content requires a source device to “authenticate” each display and signal processor in the system and issue it a “key” before delivering an output signal. Crestron QuickSwitch HD manages these keys to ensure fast, reliable switching and immunity to “blackouts,” whether using a single display, or distributing to multiple displays through a larger DigitalMedia system.
- Crestron Auto-Locking Technology enables super fast signal switching by instantaneously configuring every device in the signal path, including DM transmitters, DM receivers, and scalers, as soon as the signal hits the first device. Whether switching between sources or TV channels, Auto-Locking significantly reduces the time it takes each device to sense the new signal and configure itself to handle the changes, virtually eliminating any noticeable gap while switching.
USB Signal Routing
- Along with video and audio, the DMPS3-4K-150-C can also provide for the routing of USB HID (Human Interface Device) signals, allowing a USB HID compliant keyboard and/or mouse at one location to control a computer or media server at another location. USB HID connectivity is provided through select DM receivers and transmitters. Crestron also offers USB over Ethernet Extenders (USB-EXT-DM), which may be used to enable the routing of all types of USB devices, all seamlessly managed through the DMPS3-4K-150-C.
Integrated 3-Series Control System®
- Its built-in 3-Series control system enables the DMPS3-4K-150-C to provide complete, customizable control of every AV device, as well as room lighting, window shades, and projection screens, without requiring a separate control processor. Onboard control ports include one IR port, one RS-232 COM port, two relay ports, and two digital input ports, as well as Cresnet® and Ethernet. The DMPS3-4K-150-C supports the full line of Crestron touch screens, keypads, and wireless remotes for a user experience custom tailored to the specific requirements of each end-user. Support for Crestron control apps and Crestron Fusion® delivers the industry’s most powerful platform for remotely controlling and managing multiple rooms using computers and mobile devices.
CEC Embedded Device Control
- For controlling third-party AV devices, the DMPS3-4K-150-C provides an alternative to conventional IR, RS-232, and Ethernet by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Using CEC, many devices can be controlled right through their HDMI or HDBaseT connections, eliminating the need for any dedicated serial cables or IR emitters.
Built-in Ethernet Switch
- In addition to transporting digital video and audio, the DM 8G+ ports on the DMPS3-4K-150-C can also extend Ethernet out to the display and source devices, providing high-speed connectivity for each room device that requires a LAN connection. Ethernet is also utilized internally by the Crestron control bus to manage each transmitter and receiver and provide device control.
Private Network Mode
- To streamline its implementation on a corporate or university LAN, the DMPS3-4K-150-C employs Private Network Mode to provide a single-point connection for the complete system. Using Private Network Mode, the DMPS3-4K-150-C requires just one IP address for the complete DM network including all connected DM receivers and transmitters.
- Ultra high-definition, multi-format presentation switcher, scaler, mic preamp, audio DSP, and control system
- Out of the box Crestron Connect It™ collaboration system functionality
- Supports up to four TT-100 series Crestron Connect It Cable Caddies
- Built-in .AV Framework™ delivers a fully-functional system without any programming
- Integrated 3-Series Control System® allows fully-programmable room control
- Includes four auto-switching HDMI®, VGA, and stereo analog audio inputs
- Includes two DM 8G+® inputs
- Also supports Dual-Mode DisplayPort, DVI, HDBaseT®, and analog video sources
- Input auto-detection configures each input automatically
- QuickSwitch HD™ technology manages HDCP keys for fast, reliable switching
- Auto-Locking® technology achieves rapid switching between disparate sources
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- Provides adjustable input level compensation on each audio input
- Includes a single microphone input with EQ, gating, and compression
- Provides parallel HDMI and DM 8G+ outputs for one or more display devices
- DigitalMedia 8G+® connectivity enables long-distance wiring over CAT type twisted pair cable
- Integrates seamlessly with DigitalMedia™ matrix switchers to allow facility-wide signal distribution
- HDBaseT Certified — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Features a built-in, high-performance 4K scaler
- Upscales input signals to match the native resolution of any screen — including 4K and Ultra HD displays!
- Downscales 4K, UHD, and ultra high-resolution computer signals to fit 1080p and other lower-resolution displays
- Handles any input resolution from standard NTSC 480i or PAL 576i, to UHD and 4K
- Provides intelligent frame rate conversion, content-adaptive noise reduction, and motion-adaptive de-interlacing
- Provides 3D to 2D signal conversion, and passes 3D video (without scaling) to 3D displays
- Provides a balanced stereo audio output with graphic EQ, limiting, and delay
- Enables analog-to-HDMI audio embedding and de-embedding
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- Enables USB signal routing via DM transmitters and receivers or USB-EXT-DM extenders
- Includes onboard IR, RS-232, relay, digital input, and Cresnet® control ports
- Supports Crestron® touch screens, keypads, and wireless remotes
- Supports XPanel with Smart Graphics® computer and web based control
- Supports iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ control apps
- Supports universal remotes via built-in RC-5 compatible IR receiver
- Communicates natively with Crestron Fusion®
- Enables IT-friendly network integration via SNMP
- Integrated Ethernet switch provides a single-point LAN connection
- Private Network Mode — requires just one IP address for the complete system
- Includes front panel controls for switching and volume adjustment
- Includes customizable front panel label strips
- Allows complete AV setup and adjustment via a web browserFeatures an internal universal power supply for worldwide compatibility
- Furnishes power to PoDM and HDBaseT PoE powered devices
- Mounts under the table or in a single 19” rack space